Residents are asked to boycott advertisers in the La Habra Heights Improvement Association's "Heights Life" publication. Since board and support members have refused to conduct themselves in a law abiding, civil manner, free of political and redevelopment biases.
Complete list of advertisers, consumers are asked to boycott.
- Craig's Tree Service (562) 945-7911
- Jan Fiore, Coldwell Banker (562) 522-9620
- Xcel Electric, Tim Baddonoff (562) 318-4661
- Sidney S. Paul/Architect (562) 691-0182
- Mercury Escrow, Debbie Dudley (562) 691-0182
- As the hair grows, Linda Piequet (562) 697-2211
- Princess House, Rebecca Titone (562) 879-9629
- Norwalk/La Mirada Plumbing Heating & Air Conditioning, (562) 646-1222
- Septic Tank Repairs, Jack Sally, (562) 336-5663
- Melissa's Cuisine (562) 572-3111
- Ken Parsons Architect (714) 267-8399
- Hinkle Tree Service & Lanscape (562) 947-8194
- Polar Bear Pool & Spa, Robert Yuhas (562) 691-5355
- Chuck Dudley - Certified Health & Fitness Trainer (562) 754-8686
- Violinist Teacher, Margaret R. Westooer (626) 968-3635
- Brea/Orange County Plumbing Heating & Air Conditioning (714) 919-3992
- See Thru Window Cleaning, Joel Innamorato (562) 944-9260
- H.D. Nogle & Sons (562) 941-2274
- Jim Kuhn Broker, Coldwell Banker (714) 267-6835
- Don Mineer Contractor (909) 593-8129
- Griffin Travel (562) 694-6551
- Park Regency Heights (714) 441-1164
- Park Regency Retirement (562) 691-3822
- Alpine Meadows Landscape & Maintenace (626) 484-3467
- Haul Away Rubbish Service Co. Inc. (323) 721-0371
- Joel Heinl Plumbing Inc. (562) 691-8356
- Brett Marie Bruce, Realtor, Jen Smude, Realtor, Prudential Califorina Realty (714) 871-7300
- California Arborist (562) 698-3280
- Daniels Dental Care (562) 694-3660
- Bootcamp.com (562) 691-5544
- Jane Noltensmeier, Realtor, Century 21 (714) 932-2403
Key reasons to support the boycott
Election noticed for Annual General Meeting. At the meeting, it was announced election already held at undisclosed time and place, by undisclosed people.
Upon questioning, Board revealed that by-laws had been changed, but won't let anyone see them; "only board members can see the bylaws"
Members cannot vote for board.
Refused to share financial report with members present.
Promised to send a copy to a member who requested, but never did.
Misrepresented themselves as a 501(c)3 to solicit tax deductible contributions, when they had been a 501(c)4 since 1966.
Mailed solicitations with such misrepresentation constitute "mail fraud".
Mail-in election held in May 2010. Results not published or announced.
June 2010 annual meeting included an agenda item for "election", without any notice to members that an election would be held.
Latest slogan is "LHHIA receives no city funding. "
However, they have received at least $6,000 annually in Los Angeles County taxpayer dollars.
They also receive special treatment, in obtaining free, or almost free, use of City facilities for their public and private events and meetings.
Read more online at www.LaHabraHeights.net